Having first deployed an on-premises Private Cloud based on VMware Cloud Foundation for this large banking customer, Asystec were tasked with delivering integration with multiple internal systems to create an end-to-end automated workflow for deploying Infrastructure-as-a-Service VMs to the internal developer community within the banks highly regulated, strictly controlled environment.
Asystec created an automation workflow in vRealize Orchestrator which was attached to a Catalog Item request in vRealize Automation.
What did we do?
The created vRO workflow:
- Raised tickets, automated approvals within customer ITSM system
- Integrated with customers IPAM system to request and assign network addresses for created machines and associated software-defined network infrastructure
- Created appropriate entries in customer CMDB system to track infrastructure, owner, configuration etc. and ensure compliance
- Integrated with NSX to create security contexts automatically
- Called out to customers exiting Ansible configuration for application installation
- Integration with existing user management and certificate backend systems to configure machines for requestor login
- Called security solutions API to scan newly created machines for vulnerability
- Automated workflow on disposal of VM to close tickets, mark CMDB entries deleted, release IP addresses etc.
- vRealize Automation, vRealize Orchestrator
- Workflow actions which were previously manual and were causing long wait times were now automated in their entirety.
- Infrastructure VMs are now delivered much more rapidly to developers, in a defined, repeatable, secure fashion.
- The client experienced significant time savings as the average deployment times went from the order of months to minutes with this solution, saving thousands of man-hours of manual work.
- The clients internal IT team can now concentrate on developing solutions for the business instead of waiting for infrastructure.
If you would like to know more about the above project or any other Asystec projects please feel free to reach out to our team on firstname.lastname@example.org.